Gold vs Platinum - When & How to wear it
Do not fear the power of gold. Some women might be a little timorous when adding gold accessories to their wardrobe, feeling it too flashy, garish and quite simply only for the more mature lady. Au contraire! When it comes to livening up an outfit, gold jewellery is your key trimming – instantly enlivening an ensemble and adding a touch of impeccable style.
Keeping it simple is how to do it best if throwing caution to the wind is how you want to approach gold. A basic gold ring, small earrings or a dainty chain is a great way to start a lasting relationship with this dazzling metal. A simple outfit might require a bit more brilliance and a gold statement piece is just the thing to liven up a plain outfit.
Tips on how to wear Gold Jewellery
• Daytime gold is totally doable but go minimal. A ring, chain, bracelet, brooch or even a watch is sufficient
• Gold at night looks simply spectacular against a black outfit
• Browns, burgundy and oranges are other great combination colours to wear to set off your shimmering golden trimmings
Platinum jewellery has a fresh and casual quality that is both versatile and glaring. It is easy to pair with monochromes and also more lively hues and there is no trouble combining it with other accessories against this shimmering metal.
Tips on how to wear Platinum Jewellery
• Platinum has cool reflective shades which can look fabulous on darker skin tones
• Grey or very light coloured hair matches the silvery colour beautifully
• The silvery hue of platinum jewellery can be matched to sequins and other sparkling tinsels that boost and enliven evening attire
With two such fabulous metals on hand, how do you know which one to wear and when? Allow the myth that gold and silvery platinum should not mix to be officially busted!
Mixing the warmth of gold and the coolness of platinum can play off in delightful ways.